Monday, August 11, 2008

Did the ULS Board Approve International Travel for Two Of President Cofer's Employees

July 31, 2008

President Randy Moffett
University of Louisiana System
1201 N 3rd St.
Suite 7-300
Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Dear President Moffett:

I have enclosed an article from the Monroe News Star which states that the University of Louisiana-Monroe will pay for the travel expenses of two of its employees to China for the opening of the Olympics. If my memory serves me correctly, international travel must be approved by the Board of the Louisiana System. Since the article indicates this trip was thrown together at the last minute, I just wonder if board approval has been granted for the trip by two of Dr. Cofer’s employees. I would appreciate it very much if you would check into this and let me know if Board approval was granted for this trip.

No comments: